Thursday 15 May 2014

A Bearded Man Hat

For my father-in-laws birthday, I decided to knit him a novelty hat. I had seen a few hats with attached beards before, but this pattern on Pintrest was one of the only ones I could find that wasn't crochet: DIY Knit Beard Hat Pattern



I actually didn't continue the moss stitch the whole way through because I got confused with the instructions ("knit the rest of the row" rather than "moss the rest of the row" but it does clearly say at the top to moss stitch, so that was my fault!) but it's not that obvious.




I also found the mouth hole a little too big so I just sewed up the edges to make it a little tighter. Finally I just added two little buttons to make the beard detachable.


For my hat I used two strands of yarn, one blank and one grey, just because I thought this would look cool.


 




The beard is a hilarious addition to any knitted hat (home made or bought) and is a great novelty gift!







No comments:

Post a Comment