Sunday 8 February 2015

Another Slouchy Beanie

Slouchy Hat

This is the Slouchy Stripes Hat pattern I initially started on my camping trip, but found it too much effort knitting magic loop with my circular needles, so put it on hold until I got my DPNs. 

Slouchy Hat

These DPNs are great to knit with, they are very strong and have a really smooth finish, the only down side is that because they aren't particularly long, and they are so smooth, the stitches can easily slide off of the needles if you aren't careful, but for something smaller, like socks, the needles would be plenty long enough for this to not be an issue.

Also, an update after my confusion on my needle sizes in my previous post, I had to contact KnitPro direct, and it turned out to be something to do with different sizes being sold in UK to rest of Europe, and there had been a mix up on the packaging. So, living up to their reputation of having great customer service, KnitPro are sending me the missing needle sizes. 

Anyway, back to the hat… It was a really straight forward pattern, and once I had my DPNs, it was very quick to knit up. I had to increase a few stitches when I switched to my DPNs though because I didn't yet have the 4mm needles.

I am content with the way the hat turned out, but the yarn I used is a cheap acrylic, and I found that, particularly the grey, doesn't have a lot of give in it, making the hat quite stiff. In fact I think I had a similar issue with my Poncho last year, as I used the same yarn.

  Slouchy Hat Slouchy Hat Slouchy Hat Slouchy Hat

So despite all the issues I came across over the course of making the hat, my husband is happy with it, and it looks good on him (anything would…) so overall I am pleased with this project.

3 comments:

  1. I am glad the hat turned out well after all the trouble you had getting it done! I like the stripes a lot and the hat does suit your husband.

    I'm always hearing good things about KnitPro's customer service so I am glad you had more positives to report. So far I've not needed to contact them - knock on wood! - but it is a relief to know it would be easy to handle if I needed to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes I am more then pleased that KnitPro have handled the issue perfectly :-)

      Delete
  2. I've also had great experiences with the KnitPro customer service, good to hear they helped you out as well. And great hat!

    ReplyDelete