Thursday 31 July 2014

Baby Beret


This beret (modelled by Doodles the teddy!) was requested by a friend, who gave me the yarn and chose this pattern.

The yarn was a little thicker than the pattern suggested, so I reduced the number of stitches to make the hat the right size. It also meant that the finished hat was a little more 'stiff' as the stitches were quite tight for the yarn thickness.

This was also the first time I have used DPN's (double pointed needles) so it was a fun project to do. I found them a little 'fiddley' and poked myself a few times, but I got the hang of it. 



A nice simple pattern thats great for practising DPNs!

2 comments:

  1. Doodles looks all French! DPNs are my favourites, I always knit anything possible on them. My mum? knows nothing worse than knitting with DPNs. I guess it just depends, but please give them a few more work outs before you decide if they are for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was excited to have given them a try, but I was so happy to go back to a regular old pair of needles after. I will definitely give them another go though :-)

      Delete