Sunday 6 July 2014

Personalised Love Hearts



I found this great free love heart pattern by Amanda Berry, whose patterns have been published in Let's Get Crafting and Let's Knit magazine, so I knew it would be a good one!

I decided to knit some for my mum & dad in-law's wedding anniversary. I wanted to go one step further, and personalise the hearts. I plotted their initials and a love heart shape into Excel, and used this grid for the cnetre section of the heart.  Pleas be aware that when using intarsia knit on a pattern that
is supposed to be just one colour,  you lose some of the 'stretch' in the peice which in this case can slightly alter the shape of the heart (most obviously the middle one). I joined the three together with a single peice of yarn running through the middle.

No comments:

Post a Comment