Saturday 16 August 2014

Crochet Phone Case

Phone Case

Still wanting to practice my crochet skills I found this easy Crochet Phone Case tutorial. I used my new size 4.5mm hook and had 21 stitches in each round to fit my iPhone 4.

Stitch MarkersMy first attempt came out in a triangular shape, and I realised I was somehow increasing a stitch in each round. The video suggests counting stitches each time to make sure you don't go wrong, and as I am still learning this definitely helped me to get it right.

The case fits great and I am really pleased with the finished piece.
Case Colours Phone Case

Flower on case
I also made another crochet flower which I intended to put on the front of the phone case, but once I had made it, I didn't think it looked very good, so I decided to leave it off.

I used my new 3.5mm hook and some thinner yarn I had in my stash to make the flower, and I was a lot happier with how this one came out.

Flower

2 comments:

  1. isn't it just so much fun to play around as you are learning a new craft?? I know I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so tempted to just keep making flowers haha.

    ReplyDelete